Thursday, November 7, 2013

Kant in 3 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwOCmJevigw

Since we are nearing the end of our semester, I wanted to switch it up. I found this short video that summarized Kant's philosophy in 3 minutes! I hope you enjoy watching and it helps you brush up on Kant as we write our research papers.

But before you check out completely on this post, in class, we briefly talked about Kant again, and the different questions Sandel raises about Kant's philosophy. However, I had a question of my own: is it truly possible to live like a true Kantian? Do you think we can live without thinking about the consequences? I know that I am constantly thinking about how my actions will effect the people around me, so when is that we think of the consequences and when is that we just act? Do you think anyone acts in such a way that they could will the maxim of their actions as a universal law? Is there ever a situation where we make a decision without thinking of the consequences? If so, when have you made a decision without thinking of the consequences? If not, why do you think you make decisions based on the possible consequences? This is just some food for thought as you enjoy your weekend! Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment